Designed in collaboration with the US military and renowned for outstanding performance and reliability, the Apeks RK3 is a rugged thermoplastic rubber fin featuring an over-sized foot pocket to accommodate drysuit boots and a spring strap for easy donning and doffing. The RK3 is available in three sizes: Small, Medium, and Large.
The environment that an RK3 is used in will tend to dictate the size of fin that you need, for example do you dive in a warm environment wearing wetsuit boots, or are you walking across pebbled beaches and wearing a drysuit and rigid dry boots? Both forms of footwear may be a size 9, but will take up different amounts of space in the fin foot pocket.
• Based on one of the first vented rubber fins sold in North America and popular among military and professional divers.
• Compact, and ultra-rugged for use in harsh environments.
• Improved foot pocket with spring straps for ease of use with cold hands or thick gloves.
• The design has been the standard gear issue fin for military, special ops, coast guard and public safety divers for decades.
• Short wide blade provides maximum forward thrust while maintaining great maneuverability.
• Vented blade design reduces resistance on the upstroke and enhances thrust on the downstroke.
• The vents also eliminate vortexes that can occur along the back of the blade much in the same way split fins eliminate the vortex.
• The blade material designed to hold up in the toughest environments, temperatures and abuse.
• Two large grommet holes designed to fit most karabiners for easy storage of the fins while accessing the dive site.
• Spring straps as standard.
• Custom designed buckle holds spring straps in optimum position.
• Simple push pin design allows simple replacement of springs if necessary.
• Sizes: Small, Medium, Large
• Color: Black or White